Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: ilford xp2 super iso rating
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 20:21:39 EST

In the states, this special paper is called Ektamax by Kodak. It is processed
in the RA-4 chemistry just as regular color paper is. It makes beautiful B&W
prints from either color or B&W negs.  The only problem is it costs approx
2.5X regular color paper.

At Photokina, I saw a possible competitive paper from a Japanese firm.  It was
to be available in either matte or glossy, regular B&W or sepia tone.  And it
would be a lot cheaper than Ektamax.  They were looking for a company to
market the paper in the US, possibly Fuji.  I hope they do, because the price
Kodak charges for this product is outrageous.

Bill Rosauer