Subject: Re: [Leica] no takers on the mini LUG site?
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 22:22:52 -0500

Eric Welch wrote:

> Carl,
>
> That would be a good choice. But I can scan 11x14 prints. Though I prefer
> slides. Might be a real exercise for you to shoot a roll of color slide
> film once a quarter or so. Just to give you some variety? :-)
> --

Eric,

To an extent I'll agree with your suggestion. Whenever I've shot chromes
with my Leicas I am astounded at the results. The problem is that my
mindset approaches that of work too much. I start to think only of their
marketability and stock applications. When I bring the Leicas out it is
for me, myself and I; for my pleasure; for my projects. I shoot enough
transparency film for work all the time. The other night I was up till 3
a.m. doing still-lifes of copper wire spools for a company that rebuilds
industrial motors. This was for their corporate brochure. Five strobes
gridded, softboxed and gelled and everything held together with half the
Matthews grip catalogue. At that point Leicas represent everything I'm
trying to get away from and transparency film is part of that. OTOH, I
am looking forward to trying Scala. :-)

Carl