Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: UV filters and stairway to heaven
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 17:34:51 -0800

Nathan wrote:
>On a serious note...I think that we have to recognise that the "newbies"
>are the lifeblood of our beloved Leica and that they should be
>encouraged.>>>>>>

Hi Nathan:

I agree whole heartedly, as none of us should ever forget that at one time
we were all newbies, noodniks and noodleheads at photography. And didn't
know a filter from a flare! :)

And if in the course of 100 months the "Filter" word raises it's head a
hundred times, the questions should be answered in a manner we ourselves
would like to have our question answered, if asked.

It's really no big deal, the answer is "don't use filters!" :) :) OK ok I'm
jesting before someone gets their butt in a knot, as the answer is: sure
sometimes, sure at no time, and sure when you think you should for
protection.

It's the same answer for condoms! "sure sometimes, sure at no time, and
sure when you think you should!" :)

And be sure to use the Leica specific red dot specials! :)

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant