Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: UV filters and stairway to heaven
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 16:06:57 -0600

Martin V. Howard wrote:

> > Why not a very brief, standardized, summary of the two points of view
> >  that can be sent in automatic response to any question about UV
> >  filters as "protection?"
> >

>     Q: Should you use a UV-filter on your lenses as protection?
>
>     A1:  YES, ALWAYS!!
>
>     A2:  NO, NEVER!!
>
> Yep -- seems to work: a brief, standardized summary ;-)

Hey guys, how about a little flexibility here.  Newbies might get the
idea that we're all a bunch of hard a** absolutists, which of course we
all know none of us is.  But we can avoid that impression by opening up
the acceptable answers to include

	A3:  SOMETIMES.

There now, won't that make for a kinder & gentler LUG?

Cheers,
Kip