Subject: ENC: [Leica] Day in the Life of a Lug
From: Bruno Manzoli Caruso <ita@nutecnet.com.br>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 16:42:48 -0300

- ----- Mensagem original -----
De:	Dan Cardish [SMTP:dcardish@microtec.net]
Enviada em:	Terça-feira, 17 de Novembro de 1998 23:56
Para:	leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Assunto:	Re: [Leica] Day in the Life of a Lug

I wish you the best of luck in your efforts to make a go out of selling non-adult images online, but I suspect that web site viewers are for the most part, cheap (for want of a better word).  I am a member of a web ring, along with about 30 other photographers, who specialize in what we call "fine art nude photography".  Just to be clear, we do not consider this adult photography and are very careful to try to disassociate ourselves from "porno" sites.  I just had a fight with Yahoo to get my site listing removed from an "erotica" section where it had been placed without my knowledge or approval.  In any case, we have been comparing success stories about selling on-line prints, and basically there aren't any.  I have sold about 10 prints in the last 2 years, and this seems above average for the group as a whole.  On the other hand, I have only sold one print from my other web site featuring landscapes etc., so nudity seems to help!  ;-)
Dan C.