Subject: [Leica] RE: ALWAYS Filter
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 08:14:41 -700

On 19 Nov 98, Lee, Ken wrote, at least in part:

> There was so much flair the shots were not printable.  I have not
> used a filter since.
>
> Different strokes.....

Without a doubt, Ken. When I moved to AZ and began shooting
into the most intense sun, that I've ever seen, on an ongoing
basis, I quickly realized that those two extra glass/air surfaces
were an invitation to "Flair City"! Out went all the UV filters that
were in general use back east.

While that helped considerably, I'm still wringing individual lenses
out, trying to learn which are most flair prone. Boy, flair is an
ephemeral thing. You figure you have a given set of conditions
figured out, and, next time out of the box jumps the flair bug, and
you'd swear that you have set up the same conditions.

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

     I am Pentium of Borg, division is futile, you will be approximated.