Subject: Re: [Leica] To Filter or Not?
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 17:41:16 -0700

Dear BMW,
This topic gets covered from time to time. My take is that it's better not
to use filters, except when needed for a specific photographic purpose.
Leica works hard to make their lenses as good as possible, and they
recommend against the use of protective filters. Few users report that they
have damaged a lens in normal use. I certainly have not in many years of
using cameras almost daily. Proper cleaning of modern lenses does no damage.
Joe Stephenson
[cut]