Subject: RE: [Leica] diopter correction => why isn't there a flip up magni fier....
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 13:27:14 -0000

OK,
Hear what you say...
Sounds simple and probably too good to be true. Perhaps something like a 2x
converter in reverse, sitting behind the lens system in question (the
viewfinder) but giving a (1/2x) wider view rather than a narrower view.
I suspect that the limiting factor is the angle of view that the basic
system offers, if you look through a window' that can only see so much, you
can only increase that view, I suspect, at the front end, rather than the
rear. The total image that reaches the back of the viewfinder is as much as
you can then 'play' with, you could then narrow the angle but I can't figure
how you'd create a way of seeing more than you've started with...

Jem