Subject: [Leica] Re: Kodachrome Labs... NOT
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 18:41:07 -0800

Eric... This is the full Kodachrome Lab I'm talking about. Yes, I know, the
new Kodachrome "mini-K-Lab" was introduced at Photokina, although we have
known about it for a couple of years now. All of the Kodachrome Labs
(K-Labs) that "sprang-up everywhere" were "full, big, labs" requiring a
full time Kodak trained technician (or two).

A&I in Hollywood and Santa Monica have, and have had, for many years, a
K-Lab. Kodachrome-Lab. Here is their (A&I's) text:

"We are a truly professional level Kodachrome film processing laboratory.
Your film is run on a K-LAB processor to maximize quality. Kodak K-LAB
processor is designed to process 35mm Kodachrome film using specially
packaged chemicals. In fact, Kodak recognizes Paul Netikosol, our
Kodachrome laboratory manager, as one of the best Kodachrome technicians.

Our quality control procedures include pre and post processing inspection
of all film and splices on each run. Push/Pull services may be run at +1/2,
+ 1 1/3, and +2 stop. Our snips from 35mm film are 10.5" lead snips. "

So, it is, and was, possible. But was not economic, and failed in most
installations. Obviously not at A&I.

Jim

At 06:38 PM 11/17/98 -0600, you wrote:
>>A number of years ago, K-Labs were springing-up everywhere.
>
>Jim, that's not possible. They were just introduced this year at Photokina.
>--
>
>Eric Welch

http://www.photoaccess.com
Jim Brick, ASMP, BIAA