Subject: Re: [Leica] 75 mm f/1.4
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 18:49:04 -0600

>as for picture quality-no doubt its a wonderful lens: very sharp and
>contrasty at the wide end!!

Yes, the 75 frames are a bit confusing at times, but if you use it often
enough, you get used to it. It's distracting for a second, then it's no
problem. But it does take some time to get there.

I shot a jazz festival Sunday with that lens, and my 35 Summilux ASPH, both
of them wide open for most of the pictures. I shot with Fujicolor Superia
400 at 1/15 through 1/125 depending on where I pointed the camera.
Unbelievable performance. Even one flute player at 1/15 hand held with the
75 was gorgeous. His head was still and his flute moved quite a distance.
Very interesting, and useable!

These two lenses are giants of available light photography. I can only
imagine what it will be like when I get a Noctilux some day.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Time is just one darn thing after another. - Anonymous