Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Apo 70-180/2.8 (was: Archive search engine)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 18:23:20 -0600

>How does this lense compare in size, weight,
>balance and handling compared to the 80-200 2.8 ED Nikk

Sad to say, much bigger and much heavier. But it's smaller, I hear, than
the new AF-S version. The guy I bought my lens from was in his 80s and just
couldn't carry it. (Poor guy). :-)

It does have a great tripod collar though. I suspect you'd probably do well
with the 80-200 f/4 for your R8, if you can be happy with the Nikkor 70-300.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Time is just one darn thing after another. - Anonymous