Subject: [Leica] Mercedes optical glass (was: Leica bashing)
From: Dave Munroe <dmunroe@hpvclmn2.vcd.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 11:05:13 -0800

D Khong wrote:

> That's terrible!  I now feel inadequate driving a small Toyota.

Solms is supposed to send you a Mercedes when you fill
out your warranty card.  If you haven't received it yet,
better check with your dealer and find out what happened.

> maybe Mr Greenwood is also trying to tell people that leica
> optics can take good pictures through closed car windows.

No, no, the side windows substitute for a protective UV
filter so you don't have to mount one on the lens.

- -Dave ("haven't even _ridden_ in a Mercedes...")