Subject: Re: [Leica] SOFTLY RELEASE YOURSELF
From: "Martin V. Howard" <marho@ida.liu.se>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 18:44:56 +0100

Bud Cook wrote:

> Are Tom's releases as necessary on M2's and M3's as they are on later
> versions of the M?  I can't believe that anything could improve the
> shutter release of these great old cameras.

"Necessary" is a matter of opinion.  I use one of Tom's releases (a
chrome if that makes any difference ;) on a 1963 M3.  It certainly
makes a difference.  Without the Softrelease, the shutter release is
fine velvet.

With the Softrelease, it's smoooooooooth as silk ;-)

M.

- --
Martin V. Howard, Application Systems Laboratory,     |
Dept. of Comp. & Info. Sci., Linkoping University,    | Just "DOHH" it!
SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.  Tel +46 13 282 421,     +----------------+
Fax +46 13 142 231; marho@ida.liu.se; www.ida.liu.se/~marho