Subject: [Leica] M6 135mm Frame Line
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 21:12:22 -0500

At 07:00 PM 1998-11-15 -0500, Andrew Jordan wrote:

>But the frameline for the 135 mm lens in the M4,5,6  is
>almost useless. I have no experience with the M3 or M6HM but I doubt that a
>20% increase in finder dimensions is sufficient for accurate framing.

It is perhaps a rather grotesque overstatement to set this out so firmly.
Whether or not an individual photographer finds the 135mm frame line in the
M6 useable is, well, a very individual affair.  I certainly have no problem
with it, nor, judging from our intermittent commentaries on this on the
LUG, do a lot of others.  Still, there are some, Mr Jordan apparently among
them, who find this frame line unuseable.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!