Subject: [Leica] Test report that ends all reports?
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 22:29:15 -0500

Erwin Puts,

Both reports are excellent ( as usual ) & will
be filed away with the rest of your MSGs.

I would like to understand more clearly what
you're saying about Kodachrome in both of your
MSGs. First  to quote from your reports:

>>I use K25 & K64 as these films still give the<<
>>best sharpness ( read contrast ) for very fine<<
>>image details........How to make sure we can<<
>>exploit the awesome capabilities of modern<<
>>Leica lenses; Kodachrome is part of the answer<<

Do you believe that K25 & K64 outperform Fuji Velvia,
Astia, & Provia only when used with Leica glass OR
that K25 & K64 outperform these Fuji films....period!

In addition, whatever your answer is to the above;
please fill in the other parts from;  "Kodachrome
is part of the answer". That's if you've got the time!

In any case, after a statement like, "The SAA is one of
the very few to offer stunning quality at f2.0" ; is there
any chance Leica will have a R version soon?  ;-)!

It's also clear from your reports that the R8 & the new
50 f1.4 form an optimal "available darkness" combo.

Thanks again for taking the time to post the results!

Tom D.

Tom D.