Subject: Re: Was: [Leica] Bought a 75mm. Now: Bought a 135mm
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 11:51:10 EST

Good for you, Dan.  Read the commentary in the Nov-Dec issue of "Leica
Fotografie" regarding the 3,4 135 APO.  Leica *themselves* state that it
is necessary to stop down one or two stops to maintain maximum resolution
in the near-range.  This is definitely *not* the case with the
Tele-Elmar.  We must realise that the 3,4 was not designed to
specifically to give us the ultimate 135 but rather so that Leica can
produce only one 135 lens in place of the previous two.  In time I
predict the prices of the Tele-Elmars will ascend in the manner of the
3,4 21 S/A after enough *objective* people had a chance to evaluate the
first 21 Elmarit-M.

Regards,
Nigel

On Sat, 14 Nov 1998 08:03:08 -0500 Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
writes:
>Tell me about it.  I just took advantage of the new 135/3.4 APO lens
>offering by buying a near mint Tele-Elmar 135/4 (the current version
>with
>builtin lens hood) from my local dealer for half of it's normal new
>selling
>price.  Lens looks beautiful, I can't wait to give it a test drive
>this
>weekend.
>
>Dan C.
>
>At 09:23 PM 14-11-98 +0900, you wrote:
>>Ok, so I was just browsing through a used shop in Tokyo, and found
>this mint
>>75mm for less than half of the retail, I couldn not pass it up.
>>
>>Even if it were a Noctilux, I may have jumped on it.  There
>definitely seems
>>to two strains of big M lens virus around here, and I am certainly
>infected
>>now.  Oh yeah, a new strain is soon to affect many of us soon, too...

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]