Subject: Re: [Leica] Early Summitar
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 08:45:05 -0700

Not at all in left field, Dan. ANsel Adams described and used flahsing, or
preexposure. He did it in the camera by taking "picture" of a white card (or
through a translucent screen) at a very low exposure. Typiclly, he even made
a gadget to use in flashing his film. The technique is very old, and was
needed more in the early days when films did not have the latitude of modern
film.
Joe Stephenson