Subject: Re: [Leica] Fuming Film
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 23:38:46 -0500

Walt-
Thanks for the reply!
Yes Fuming sounds like a whacked out way to get film more sensitive, but it
was done! I understand that fuming plates was done by most astronomers
before CCDs and computer imaging became so prevalent. How fast, without
fuming, have you pushed the T-Max 3200? It might be fun to try.
Speaking of densitometry- I have used my cheapo Soligor and Omega color
analyzers for densitometers  for years! No status M red filter? The Cyan
setting is red through a red filter- not status M but comparing the reading
I got with it and those I got with the X-Rite at work, I found that the
lowest step- >15 plus base was the  same- up to about step 15 of the step
tablet where the X-rite said the density was 2.36 and the color analyzer
said it was 2.25- Less than 1/2 a stop in 15 steps.
Color we use the reflectance setting and shoot for .80R .80G .80B on our
"Trudy Truecolor" test negs when we make prints. It would be nice to have a
good densitometer in the home, but WOW are they expensive! I guess I'll make
do with my Cheapo transmission alternative- it seems close enough for B&W
work especially!

dwpost@msn.com