Subject: Re: [Leica] New Vario-Elmarit-R 35-70 f2.8 Asph
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 17:12:35 EST

I've been told by several reps that Nikon ceased producing the F3HP, FM2n
and all the manual Nikkors (except the fisheyes and PC lenses) several
years ago. Nikon  retain them in the catalogue as long as supplies last
since they haven't really been "replaced" by a new model (none of the
current manual lenses nor the F3HP have a similar "new" counterpart) as
was the case with the F4.  The FM2n could be the exception now that Nikon
have world-marketed the FM10 ( a deadful plastic Cosina which is sold
simultaneously by Olympus).
I have taken a cue from Noah and the Ark, and have amassed a breeding
pair of each of my favourite manual Nikkors, which should get me through
the rest of my career.   Of course I might have considered switching to
Leica but the two compact, reasonably-priced R lenses (the 2.8/90 and
4/180) I would have wanted have also been discontinued : (

Regards,
NIgel
00 Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net> writes:
>On 13-11-1998 21:02 David Morton wrote:
>
>>Particularly if the rumours are true and the FM2n is being
>>discontinued.
>
>Excuse me?
>Does that imply that manufacturing of the manual Nikkors will be
>stopped
>(development has stopped already a long time ago anyway now that
>everything is moving to AF)?
>
>Pascal

>See my photo pages at http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
>Macintosh PowerBook G3 - it eats Pentium notebooks for lunch
><<< PGP public key available on request >>>

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]