Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Digilux questions
From: Brian Reid <brian@reid.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 18:07:11 -0800

As part of my "day job" at a high-tech company I have access to, and use,
virtually every kind of electronic camera that costs under $2500.

I love Leicas because they are fabulously well made, pretty, and take great
pictures. I am willing to forgive the high prices because the quality of
camera and photograph is so good.

I do not love the Digilux because the quality is not there. For the same
amount of money that you would pay for a Digilux, you can buy a Kodak
DC260, which is vastly overwhelmingly better. The DC260 is no M6 and its
lens is no Summar, but it is an amazingly good electronic camera with a
current street price of about $700.

Brian Reid