Subject: [Leica] Re: R8 vs. F5 viewfinder
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 19:57:11 EST

Sorry, I'll have to stand by my original statement.  I had my F5 with me
this morning when I stopped by the local camera store and they were
demonstrating an R8.  I can see the entire display of the F5 with
glasses, whilst the R8 required just a bit of a sideways twist to see
just  the screen image.

Regards,
Nigel

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998 22:44:39 +0100 Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net> writes:
>On 11-11-1998 03:17 N. B. Watson wrote:
>
>>The R8's viewfinder is also not
>>as high-eyepoint as the F5 (though not by much) and the R8 does not
>show
>>100% coverage which both the F5 and EOS1n do.
>
>I don't agree here. I have tried both the F5 and the R8 prior to
>making a
>buying decision a year and a half ago, and used them side by side.
>The R8 is better for eye glass-wearers than the F5, as it is easier to
>
>see the whole frame in one look. I had to turn my eyes from left to
>right
>to do that with the F5. And on top of that, the LCD illumination is
>much
>better implemented on the R8, except in extremely bright sunlight
>where
>it becomes difficult to see.
>
>Pascal

>See my photo pages at http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
>t h i n k   d i f f e r e n t               a p p l e    c o m p u t e
><<< PGP public key available on request >>>

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]