Subject: Re: [Leica] WTB 24mm Finder
From: jsaravia@zeus.uniandes.edu.co
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 16:12:09 -0500 (GMT+5)

At 05:34 PM 11/11/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>Just sniffing around for one of these.
>Is it superfulous, as I'm told the edges of the M6 finder are about what
>a 24mm is (slightly beyond that of the 28mm brite lines).
>
>Any input would be appreciated.
>Thanx.

I have been using the M6  + 24 ASPH with no finder, I don`t like the fact of
focusing using the m6 viewfinder and framing the 24 finder, it makes me slow
for street shooting (for example). Problems ? I think it depends on your
technique, actually what I do is to see the picture using my naked eye and
then shoot, that is why I donīt use the finder. The first thing I did when I
got the lens was to learn to see the 24 frame with the naked eye (I take a
pic then compare it with what Isaw). After some practice I could realize
what the lens coverage was going to be so I could use the M6 finder to
focus, metering,  and to do some fast framing. With the time I discovered
the need of the 24 Finder was  a psycological need, because with practice I
could put in the 35 negative area what I wanted. BUT, BUT, ... if you want a
very careful composition, can use slow F stop, or use hyperfocal distances
(and have the time),  you may like the finder. The 24 mm lens Shade can be
seen in the rigth-down corner of the M6 viewfinder so you canīt see all you
want, and you must look around the edges of the M6 viewfinder to have an
idea of what is going to be in the negative. You have to remeber that the
frame lines the the 24 mm uses are the 35mm ones, not the 28 mm, I use the
viefinder border as my frame line.

My 1 cent

J.Saravia