Subject: [Leica] Re: Digilux questions
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 09:18:12 -700

On 12 Nov 98, Bill Grimwood wrote, at least in part:

> Now that the Digilux price has dropped I am interested. The
> total price ended up being over four times the estimate I was
> originally given.

With only a few exceptions, Bill, it is always less expensive and
more useful to throw out the old and in with the new re:
computers.

<snip>

> Leicas brochure leaves a lot to be desired.

<snip>

Much as I like Leica, darned if I'd pay more for the Digilux than the
Fuji MX-700. Leica has sinned far more, in my eyes, by merely
rebadging the Fuji than it did in the past when, at least, there
were *some* differences in the Minolta etc. products and the
Leica analogs. BTW, the MX-700 is selling under $500 now at
several web vendors.

Lastly, the rec.photo.digital newsgroup is a good source of info on
all digital cameras. Good high S/N ratio too!
- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

     Thought for the day:
        Romance begins when you sink into his arms,
        and ends with your arms in his sink!