Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica servicing in the UK
From: "Boreham" <boreham@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 06:21:56 -0000

> Whom do folk recommend for Leica servicing in the UK?

I have been happy with Leica at Milton Keynes, and usually decide that the
cost and time is worth the peace of mind of knowing the work has been done
by the OEM, with full access to tooling and knowledge of the product. They
are willing to do adjustments while you wait if at all possible.
However, I have had a couple of Leica lenses serviced by Torsad, also in
Milton Keynes. Cheaper and quicker than Leica, high level of personal
attention, ability to speak to the technicians etc and good results. Not
tried them for any camera body work. They have access to the Leica HQ  and
at least one of the technicians is ex Leica.
Mike Boreham