Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Filters for b & w
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 19:20:18 -0700

Dave,
I rarely use filters any more, and part of the reason is due to switching to
Leica. Olympus was great in that almost all lenses use a 49mm screw in. It
was easy to have a few basic filters, and a small investment. However, Leica
lenses seem to need less help, and in any case, I don't want to buy a whoel
filter kit. Part of the reason for using Leica is to keep the number of
pieces down, not add to them. It depends on the type of work that one does,
but I found that I did about as much harm as good when using filters. To me,
if you can tell a filter was used to make a photo (e.g.: the #25 red effect
of dark sky and over-dramatic clouds) the photo seems diminished.
Sincerely,
Joe Stephenson