Subject: Re: [Leica] User or collector
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 06:41:00 +0000

>I would define a camera that is part of a collection as one that is not
>used or very rarely used.
>
>There are a lot of people that accumulate camera equipment but I would be
>hard pressed to call anyone who uses 3 M-6's as a collector.  If two of
>those M-6's have never been used than yes, but otherwise I would define
>him as a user.
>
>How many collectors would you see using a mint III G camera...... I
>suspect none....  While collectors quite often are users, most have a
>separate set of user-equipment.  The really collectable items stay safe
>at home or in a safety deposit box.  There are exceptions and some people
>enjoy using classic LTM cameras and M for that matter..... but usage is a
>far better determining factor to whether something is part of a
>collection or is a user item and occasionally it can be both.

Duane,

Arrrrrrrgh!  Now you've turned me into a collector.  I have that leeetle
mint Rollei 35S nicely tucked away in the dehumidifier which I hesitate to
use.
That one little sinful act has now tarnished my whole being.

BTW, did you get the newsletter which I sent to you some months back?

Dan K
Singapore.