Subject: Re: [Leica] My R-E's blue cast focussing screen
From: Mark Newport <newport_m@utpb.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 13:28:03 -0600

>Hi everyone,
>
>Can anyone explain to me why my R-E has a blue color cast through the
>viewfinder?  Does the R-7 have this as well?  If there is a purpose for this
>I would love to hear it.  Can it be removed somehow?  Is it the eyepiece
>that is blue casted?
>
>Just curious,
>
>James Burris

I have a friend who has R-4's and R-6's.  Both R-6 bodies have this blue
cast to the viewfinder but the R-4  bodies were more "neutral" looking When
I asked about it he said that he had asked Leica and they said it was
normal.  This was anout 5 years ago.

Mark

R. Mark Newport
Publications and Special Projects