Subject: Re: [Leica] Collectors or users driving the used M market???
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 22:05:26 -0500

Lucien wrote:

SNIP

> And BTW any user with more than 2 cameras is a collector IMO.
> ;-)
>
> Lucien

Lucien,

I must take exception to your statement above. I have four FD mount
Canon SLRs that I have basically used up during my newspaper and
commercial photography days. They work but if I sold them I would
receive next to nothing. I use them once in awhile for odd jobs or when
the weather is bad and I don't want to use my electronic cameras. I
don't feel that I am a collector because of that.

I have three M bodies. My first Leica, an M2, that I bought used with 35
Sumaron for $425 (take that whats-his-name who says you can't buy them
at a good price). My M3 which I bought because I wanted something to use
with longer lenses. And my M6 which I bought so I could have the built
in metering. I keep them loaded with different emulsions and different
lenses. Because I have three doesn't make me a collector, just someone
more in control of my image making.

Carl S.