Subject: [Leica] Apo-Telyt continued
From: Erwin Puts <imxputs@knoware.nl>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 23:48:44 +0100

Luckily I found a recent version of the Tele-Elmar-M with built-in shade.
(#3658598). On test this lens has a performance very similar to the earlier
Tele-Elmar I tested as comparison to the ApoTelyt. I noticed a very slight
improvement in contrast (within production margins), presumably
attributable to a different coating. Globally this lens has all the optical
characteristics of its sibling. The performance difference between the AT
and the several TE versions are as indicated in my earlier report.
The optical construction of the three Tele-Elmar versions,according to all
(internal) leica specs is identical.I measured the front lens of the 39mm
and the 46 mm version and found the same diameter (±35mm).

Erwin