Subject: Re: [Leica] How to keep notes on an M6 body....
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 1998 19:41:23 EST

I suppose it will depend on how many M6's you carry at once, what finish
they are, and how good your short-term memory is; you might keep to a
convention whereby you always load a black or silver body with the same
film type; another convention would be to equate the last number (or 2
numbers if the last ones happen to be the same) of the serial number
(visible on the hot shoe) to a specific film type.   Colour-coding the
neckstraps with bands of cloth tape, or a folded flap cut from the film
box, is another method.  If you don't use flash or a 21mm viewfinder, you
can also cut a small section of the film box to fit the hot shoe.

Regards,
Nigel

On Sun, 8 Nov 1998 14:01:29 -0800 "Bryan Willman" <bryanwi@seanet.com>
writes:
>Friends, perhaps one of you has solved this...
>
>Most current SLRs have  a little window in the back
>that lets you see film type as well as film speed.
>
>My M6's have no such windows.  The Meter setting
>of course reminds me of the film speed, but not of
>color neg versus color slide versus B&W.
>
>So, anybody know safe ways to add notes to an M6?
>
>I thought of putting a mailing label on the camera
>top or bottom, and writing on that with a pencil.
>But I wonder if I'll be able to get it off without leaving
>a gooey mess on the camera.
>
>Thoughts?  Experience?
>
>thx
>bmw

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]