Subject: [Leica] Pan-X Rangefinder
From: Thomas Pastorello <tmp@mailbox.syr.edu>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 16:45:56 -0500 (EST)

Dear Leica List Members,
   I hope the list will tolerate a question about the Hasselblad Pan-X.
After all, it is a rangefinder and with its 7cm wide coverage on 35mm
film, it really isn't in competition with the M6's.
   I've returned to this list after a long absence, hence I hope I haven't
missed the list's discussion of the Pan-X.  If I have, I'd appreciate your
giving me a quick summary.
   My question is about quality.  How does the hasselblad Pan-X compare to
the M6, in terms of feel, quality of materials and, most importantly, the
quality of its two lenses? The two lenses have f4 maximum aperatures.  At
this aperature does the 45mm at non-pan setting compare in image quality
to, say, the Tri-Elmar at 50mm setting?  How does the Hasseblad 90 compare
to the M90/f2.8 when the latter is set to f4?
   I thank those of you who have bought the Pan-X and choose to share your
experiences with it for any response to this pre-purchase inquiry.
                                        Tom P.