Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 winder & batteries
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 11:09:38 -0500

Pascal,

>>How did you get that ( black coating chipping<<
>>off the R8 winder baseplate )......was it after <<
>>heavy (ab)use of the camera/winder combo<<

I doubt if I use my camera/winder any more
rigorously than most. It's just slowly chipping
away near the "Tommy" screw & near the top
where it attaches to the base of the camera
body. Oh well, I assume it can be re-covered
if it gets too bare ;-)!

On another topic, now that Eric Welch mentions
it, the winders had Duracell batteries when they
"flaked" out; let's hope that's the cause. I've since
re-placed the Duracell batteries with other brands,
& the winders have been "humming" along.

Tom D.

Tom D.