Subject: [Leica] Re: R5 & R7 prices going up
From: John Gong <jgong@cisco.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 20:27:33 -0800 (PST)

You guys must be kidding.  Last year when I was looking for my first Leica,
I was lucky to find a used R7 for under $1000.  Since then,  I've sold and
bought several in the $800 range.    The dealers were blowing them out for
brand new prices of $1495 or $1395.  I don't think you'll have a problem
finding one at that price.  They haven't been moving.  It's kind of
difficult to sell even a new one at that price when lightly used R8's are
dropping into the $1600 range...