Subject: Re: [Leica] Print Film/Etc.
From: Scott Busby <reconair@primenet.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 1998 16:11:30 -0700

If your referring to Leica USA INC, I'm having the same problem.  No
contact.  I've sent email to them to check the status of my M6 repair.
Nothing.  I did however receive an invoice stating the the repair is
underway with about a three week turnover.  You would think that they would
be on top of any email transactions.  My guess is that it's a waist of time
for them.  Heck, if your the only game in town they can afford to be less
than communicative.  I'm not worried.  I expect my M6 back in about two
more weeks.  If it was my only camera, I would probably raise a stink.
Otherwise, I'm pretty patient provided it gets fixed to my satisfaction.
Incidentally, I found repair prices to be quite Leicaish (big bucks).  I
couldn't get any takers on a meter repair.  Everyone I contacted said "send
it to Leica".  I'm hoping that the expense is reciprocated in a quality
repair job.

Scott