Subject: [Leica] Re:
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 09:16:42 EST

<< Look, I use Leica because it is the best camera out there. I do not
 subscribe to any notion that there is something special or magical about
 Leica. It earned a reputation because of its quality, period. As far as the
 Leica being special because you can shoot in low light without flash is
 misleading to me. >>

I absolutely agree with Bob here.  There is nothing magic about Leica cameras.
They are very nice and I enjoy collecting and using them.  However, there is a
whole universe of cameras out there.  Leica has no exclusive lock on any
segment - low light - portraits or any other aspect.  Right now, I do believe
that several of the M lenses are the best available.

Even the famed smoothness of the M rewind lever is not exclusive.  In fact the
Contax S2 rewind lever is much smoother.

Tom Shea