Subject: [none]
From: Bob_Maxey@mtn.3com.com
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 17:55:43 -0700

>>Bob - I don't know if you are new to the list, or just haven't read the
endless thrashing about over the subject of flash use and the purity of
Leicas. The general thrust of the discussion has been that the whole idea
of
the Leica is that you can shoot at low light level without flash, and if
you
have to use flash, you destroy the unobtrusiveness that makes the Leica
unique. (Yes, I know, there have been many other opinions expressed,a nd
there are times when one MUST use flash to get a photo.)

Look, I use Leica because it is the best camera out there. I do not
subscribe to any notion that there is something special or magical about
Leica. It earned a reputation because of its quality, period. As far as the
Leica being special because you can shoot in low light without flash is
misleading to me. I can shoot in low levels without flash with my Contax
RTS as I can with my M3. To be sure, my M3 is quiet, but so are other
cameras. As soon as something comes along that is better, I will use it.

Leica is my choice not because of its history, not because it is German,
not because some famous photographers use it to take photographs...I use it
because it is the only camera worth investing in.

RM