Subject: [Leica] Lost my shutter release button (IIIf)
From: dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu (Andrew M. Moore)
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 20:12:51 -0500 (EST)

I lost the shutter release button from my IIIf this evening.
If you think focusing is difficult in low light, try looking
for a shutter release button under the table at a dimly lit
restaurant!  I heard it hit the floor, but no luck finding it.

At least it's clear to me how it happened -- as I advanced the
winder knob in a clockwise direction, my fingers were brushing up
against the shutter release button in the counter-clockwise
direction, slowly unscrewing it over time.

Hey Tom -- you wouldn't happen to manufacture any "softies" for
the IIIf, would you!?

Can anyone provide a replacement?

IIIf owners: you might want to check that yours is tightened!

Andrew