Subject: Re: [Leica] Expensive Leicas and collectors
From: "Bryan Willman" <bryanwi@seanet.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 19:45:58 -0800

I use Linhof too.  Simple reason, you
wanna TK, you gotta buy a Linhof.

Same applies to Leica.  You want a
35f1.4?  a small 75f.4?  a 50f1.0 smaller
than a house?  small quiet cameras that
make pictures to die for?  then you gotta
buy a Leica.

(You want warp speed autofocus?
 You get something of a choice, which is
  part of why Canon/Nikon stuff isn't quite
  so pricey.)

Why the SLRs continue to sell is not so
clear to me, in the current autofocus age.
But I've never used an R lens, maybe they
they are like the M lenses.  (But there's
no 50f1 R or 75f1.4 R, are there? too many
r's...)

bmw