Subject: Re: [Leica] The M-6 Titanium
From: COLBYG@ULV.EDU
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 10:36:55 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,

	From Jack...

> Do any LUGgers have extensive experience with the M-6 Titanium
> and the other M-6 models -- enough, that is to provide some
> guidance as to whether the extra cost of the Ti model results in
> any practical benefits:  e.g., greater durability, more
> resistance to scratching or nicking...

	I dropped an ordinary M6 from about 4 feet onto a concrete front porch
step. There is a very faint abrasion in the surface finish near the rewind
crank. There is no dent and no damage to the internal body mechanisms or the
lens. If the abrasion were not pointed out I doubt one would be able to find
it. It's hard to imagine titanium would have provided any more protection; it
certainly couldn't have provided any more shock protection.

- -Gary
 Gary S. Colby
 University of La Verne