Subject: Re: [Leica] PRE WASH?--Newbie comments
From: franco catignani <leica@rdn.it>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 15:26:37 +0100

Hi all,

> I'm rather new to this list, i'm italian, so be patient with my poor
> language.

I started developing my films when i was 14, now i am 40 and I need more
quality, I generally pre-soak negatives and use an and-made modified
developer (D-76 2 shots) with TX exposed to 800 ISO  for 24' (each solution)
at 20°C (you can find the relative formula at the first link of the
subsequent  list) obtaining good results.
Pre-soak is particulary usefull when using an high acutance, stand alone
developer (which means poor or not agitation at all and long  development
time)  with the intention to obtain a great border effect (separation in grey
scale tones) in the negative.
For all who love b&w and darkroom technics, or wont to know more about this
topic, i suggest the following sites:

 http://www.agfaphoto.com/library/datasheet/chemicals/datasheet_bwfilm.html

 http://www.cris.com/~bjornb/home.html