Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 winder & batteries
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 22:42:32 -0600

At 09:49 PM 11/5/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Thursday, 5 November 1998, Eric Welch wrote:
>

>> 24 Summicron (M or R, R or even Summilux!)
>
>Canon  has a 24 1.4L. I wonder what it is like. I think it is ASPH and
>to have a 24 1.4, well that would be VERY handy!.

That lens has a very good reputation. And they have a 35 1.4 Aspheric now.
And Nikon has a 28mm 1.4. But I suspect Leica will still have an edge.
Their fast lenses don't do as well wide open in my experience.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Capt'n! The spellchecker kinna take this abuse