Subject: Re: [Leica] PJ800
From: "Isaac H Crawford" <eyes1@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 22:21:38 -0500

>Even so, a blue bias can cause problems correcting other colors. A films
>bias can't be easily corrected in a production environment.
>--
Well, strictly speaking, a negative can only have a "bias" as compared to
another negative. I could easily complain that Fuji is too "yellow" as
compared to my perfectly calibrated pj800 scans... When you "correct" for
this blue, naturally you will have slightly different color rendition than
another film. I don't mean to sound combative, but I've never heard of color
correction causing problems in any sort of printing, could you eloborate? As
a printer, I can make great looking prints from either Kodak or Fuji
films...they'll look different of course, but most people wouldn't be able
to tell the difference unless you put them side by side...
>Eric Welch
>St. Joseph, MO
>http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch
>
>They have what is rare in still photography - the mobility of film, motion,
>evanescence, fluidity...your camera has a thousand eyes which are directed
>by love and feeling.
>
>-Anias Nin

Dare we ask which book you got this from? No, don't answer that...too much
info can be a bad thing sometimes!:-)

Isaac