Subject: Re: [Leica] PRE WASH?
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 18:40:21 -0700

Bob,
Your question interested me, so I went and got some manufacture's data
sheets to look for references to prewashing. The data sheet for Ilford low
volume chemicals and Delta 100 Professional make no mention of prewashing.
Nor does EK's data sheets on the T-Max family, downloaded from EK's web
site.
Agfa's tech data for b&W chemicals (Tech data P-16-C) makes no mention of
prewashing.
Ilford's tech info. for PAN F Plus makes no mention of prewashing.
I can't answer for other knowledgable or authorative sources. I do it, but I
don't remember when or why I started. Part of the folk lore of photography?
Joe Stephenson