Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 winder & batteries
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 18:38:25 -0600

>Simply put: an
>R8 wouldn't have meant a major difference compared to his manual focus
>Hasselblad equipment. The Nikon F5 with the Zoom-Nikkor 20-35 AF IF-ED
>fulfilled the contract...

Another person overcome by marketing hype. Why in the world does he need 4
fps as a wedding photographer? I've heard of quickies before, but this is
ridiculous! I do believe a motor would make the R8 more attractive, I want
one too. But it's not necessary, like good lenses are. I'd rather Leica
come out with a 28 Summicron, or a 24 Summicron (M or R, R or even
Summilux!) than a 21-35 2.8 zoom. Speed is more important to me in lenses
than film advance.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO