Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: B&W revisted
From: "B. D. Colen" <BDColen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 13:21:48 -0500

my hat is off to anyone
> who can live with slow film. I hate to carry a tripod.
>
> Dave

Let me understand something here: it's a sacrilige to say "Leica" and
"flash" in the same breath, but it's acceptable to combine "Leica" and
"tripod" in the same sentence?

Either both are both functional crutches to be used by photographers who are
occassionally crippled by poor "natural" lighting condtions, or they are
both tools of the devil whose use should make any "real" Leica user shrink
in horror like a vampire in the morning sun. After all, taking a tiny,
quiet, unobstrusive handheld camera and sticking it on the top of three or
four aluminum or wooden legs makes it no less intrusive and clunky than
firing a twinky to light a scene. Just a thought. :-)