Subject: [Leica] Ektapress (was: for the better)
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@jnlcom.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 11:09:23 -0600

Eric,

Seems like Kodak has been having this problem with this film for about,
oh, 7 years now.

I remember back when I was working in Atlanta Kodak was trying to get us
to switch to Ektapress junk.  The film looked a lot like fuji that had
been fogged.  When printing there was no way to get all of the cyan out.
And if we scanned it into the leaf desk (remember this is when the Leafax
35 was high technology) it still kept the cyan cast.  All in all it was
junk film.

And Kodak wonders why they lost the pro market......

Eric Welch wrote

>Jeff, that's the Ektapress I've been using. It's better. Very fine grain,
>very sharp, but it's color is way too blue - the color that emphasizes
>grain in scanning, and what the Kodak rep. told me was fixed.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto
new book at http://www.volmania.com