Subject: RE: [Leica] Off topic grey market films?
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 11:59:08 -0000

Frederic,
Here in England a large multiple camera chain has been selling Kodacolour
200 for some time at a low, low price. This is stock that was most likely
packaged in Annesley (nr. Nottingham) and destined, or maybe even shipped to
Eastern Europe, as there's certainly Greek on the box. I don't know if
they're 'grey', that usually implies that import duty hasn't been paid, I'm
unsure about their status.
Compared to modern Kodacolour Gold, it's rather lacklustre, (being based on
much older film technology) but I see colour prints as being mainly 'happy
snaps' and am therefore not too worried about the lack of quality. But it's
consistent, every film has looked the same as the others, rather lifeless!

Jem