Subject: [Leica] Joseph Mihayi
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 07:57:41 +1100

##############
If Leitz and Zeiss had the services of Joseph Mihayi, one of Eastman Kodak's
premier photographic apparatus designers (1923-1954) they would not have been
limited to the 135mm for rangefinder use.
As you know this was Bell & Howell product introduced in 1948 at a price of
$700 with a Lifetime Warranty! Besides the normal 50mm lens the only other
Foton Lenses from B&H were a 4" and 6" Cooke Amatol Telephoto lenses.

Kirk,

Thanks very much for this. I love my "history" lessons, and these little
snippets from the past really start the day on a good foot ;-)

Cheers

Alastair Firkin,