Subject: [Leica] Talent and Emotion [99]
From: "Greg Bicket" <GBicket@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 15:16:52 -0700

Hey, LUG,

These comments from Ted and other LUGgers made me think of the new "Emotion
99" 1999 calendar from Leica.  I have stumbled upon something truly worthy
of sharing with the LUG.  If you haven't seen it yet, some dealers have
them.  The photos are beautiful, and the printing quality is up to the task.
All B&W, all terrific.  Even a few R photographs to quiet us SLR savages!

My favorites:

February -  Marpessa in Sicily,  Ferdinando Scianna, M6, Summilux M 35mm

April - Portrait of a landless girl beside Highway PR 158, Sebastiao
Salgado, R 6.2 Macro-Elmarit R 60mm

October - Autumn, Geneva, Switzerland, Dieter Wehde, M6. Elmar M 50mm

The Leica rep said this one is special and will become a "collector's item",
but still, I couldn't resist...although this postpones the saving I am doing
in anticipation of the limited edition SoftRelease auction.       /8-)

U$30 and a bargain.  And I can enjoy the lovely serenity of the January
photograph now hanging in my office for three more months!  Start tracking
yours down now so you can enjoy a full year of it.

Enjoy the light; time is running out.

Greg Bicket