Subject: Re: [Leica] 180s
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 17:16:48 -0600

At 07:14 AM 10/31/98 -0800, you wrote:

>falling-off in brightness at the corners which is inherent in the
>design..."
>
>Since I don't shoot plain walls or the sky maybe I just haven't seen
>it in mine.  But then what do I know... other than it is the sharpest
>lens I own.

Interesting. I suspect it's another one of those Leica things where other
manufacturer's would just say "What vignetting?" They did with the Nikkor
35 1.4. I owned one and mine did, though admittedly not as much as the 35
Summilux R. But it sure can't compete for image quality against the Leica
in the overall sense.

(Note: The 35 Summilux R for sale mentioned yesterday at $995 is a bargain!)
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.